Autumn/ Fall is my favourite season and always has been, so trying to condense the reasons why I love it that down to just 10 things is so difficult! There is just so much to love about it!
So here we go, in no particular order:
- The Colours. There is nothing like going for an Autumn walk and strolling through hues of oranges, browns, red’s and yellows. There is something so beautiful and cosy about them. It generally just promotes my happiness and I love mmirroring these shades with what I wear too.
- Halloween. Of course. Halloween is so much fun! Of course, it’s much bigger in the USA than here in Britain (I’m so jealous of you Americans), but it is growing! I love having my own house in a little village because I get to decorate it inside and out, and all the village children come trick or treating which is so nice. I love everything witchy and magical. Dressing up and doing Halloween makeup too. Halloween is definitely my second favourite ‘holiday’.
- Bonfire Night. If you’re not from the UK you may not be so familiar with this, however Bonfire Night commerates the anniversary of the failed gunpowder plot to blow up the houses of parliament in 1605 by Robert Catesby, Guy Fawkes and co. Yay history degree kicking in there. I find the history fascinating but I love that we have fireworks displays all around the country and bonfires, often accompained by mulled wine (close to Christmas after all), hot chocolate, and a hotdog or two! And don’t forget the toasted marshmallows! It’s great to get wrapped up and get outside!
- Michaelmas Fairs. Namely my hometown’s annual occasion – Abingdon Fair. It is the longest street fair in Europe and it’s so much fun! As a child I loved the rides, as an adult I love that there are many pubs along the way (it is basically an excuse for a pub crawl not going to lie) stalls and games, doughnuts, candyfloss and an absolutely wonderful bustling cheeful atmosphere!
- Cosy Nights In. Who doesn’t love to get into their warmest pyjamas, fluffy socks and settle on the sofa with a hot chocolate or cup of tea ad a nice book? I seem to read more in the Autumn, its just so chilled and peaceful.
- Hot bubble baths. Before you get into those lovely pyjamas, the hot bubble bath (with a cheeky bath bomb thrown in obviously) makes it perfect! Of course you can do this at any time of year, especially in the depths on winter, but it’s nicer in my opinion when the nights are drawing in than after the shortest day when the nights are getting slightly longer. Dont ask me why! I guess we’ve had the heat of Summer when I don’t usually have baths when it’s hot, therefore I’ve missed having a relaxing bath and I enjoy it more!
- Wholesome and warming Food. Like above, you have have these sorts of meals any time of year, but the nights drawing in is an encouragement and kind of makes the food even nicer! I’m talking about stews, soups, casseroles, etc, those dinners/ teas you have after a cold day which warm your bones! Just me? Perhaps!
- The Fashion and clothing. I love putting away my shorts and summer dresses for another 6/7 or so months, and digging out the warm and cosy clothes! Warm chunky knitwear? Ohh heaven! Autumn hues? Yes please! New pair of boots? You just try and stop me! Autumnal fashion is the best.
- PSL time. Yes I am talking about the fact that it is Pumpkin Spice Latte season people! The best, most delicious, most warming, most happiness-inducing drink the exists on the planet is very high on my list of the best things about Autumn! Very unhealthy but whole cares, its Autumn now! I could actually live on PSL’s, I’m such a basic b**** but I love it!
- Countdown to Christmas! Now as I write this on September 26th, we are 90 days away from the big day! Christmas is my favourite holiday and I’m such an Elf. I love everything about it! The lights, decorations, joyful spirit, family time, amazing food, shopping etc… and it’s like the prize at the end of the season of small prizes! The ‘ber’ months are what makes me happy!
Well there we go! Do you likemany of these aspects of Autumn? What are your favourite things about Autumn? Let me know in the comments!🧡
Follow me on: