I’ve made this recipe about five times in the last week so I thought I’d share it in my blog. This is my own recipe so may not be exactly how everyone else makes brownies but my husband-to-be (and chief guinea pig) absolutely loves them so they must be ok!
- 150g plain chocolate
- 80g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites (from medium sized eggs)
- 180g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius/ 350 degrees farenheit/ gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof baking paper. Heat a saucepan of water to boiling on the hob and then set to a medium heat.
- Put the chocolate, butter, oil and sugar together in a mixing bowl and place the bowl on the saucepan of water. Melt the ingredients together, stirring frequently, until the ingredients are blended together. Remove from heat.
- Add the egg whites and stir. Add half of the flour, stir in until completely mixed, then add the other half and repeat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time, stirring each time.
- Pour mixture into the baking tray, ensuring that the mixture is spread evenly. Place in the middle of the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. If you you try to cut the brownies whilst still too hot they will crumble. Cut into squares.
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on: